Family and professional caregivers experience many challenges and stresses in the course of their caregiving.
Family caregivers are often pulled in many directions, trying to care for aging or disabled family members while at the same time caring for their other family members and their own personal responsibilities. This leaves little time or energy to care for themselves.
Professional caregivers also find themselves stretched thin, handling multiple simultaneous demands. They are often caring for many clients at once, dealing with challenging personalities and family dynamics, and managing the responsibilities of protocol and paperwork.
The Loving Hands Group recognizes how stressful it can be to care for loved ones and clients in need. We teach caregivers how to reduce stress and take care of themselves, so that they are better equipped to help those in their care.
Caregiver Support Programs
The following programs can be provided at the location of your choosing, for individual caregivers or groups of caregivers. They can be scheduled as a one-time event, or ongoing programs.
Click on the categories below, or scroll down, for a full program list
- Stress Relief for Family Caregivers – Caregiving is a noble and selfless action that provides deep meaningful benefit to the recipient. However family caregivers often find themselves stretched very thin, and unable to handle their responsibilities. This can bring up feeling of exhaustion, frustration, anger and guilt. Participants will learn techniques to help them stay healthy, peaceful and balanced amid their responsibilities. We will discuss how to alleviate stress through various holistic health care modalities, breathing techniques, practicing gratitude, positive thinking, and empowering speech. We will learn ways to deal with challenging situations and people, and the important role of healthy eating and proper personal care. We will practice a short meditation technique at the end of the program. (1 hour class)
- Stress Relief for Professional Caregivers – Professional caregivers are faced with special challenges that are not normally present in other professions. Caregivers are required to adapt to a range of personalities and behaviors, and undergo the pressure of being responsible for their clients’ welfare and safety. Their jobs can be physically and mentally demanding, with added emotional hardships when a client declines or passes away. Participants will learn techniques to help them stay healthy, peaceful and balanced amid their responsibilities. We will discuss how to alleviate stress through various holistic health care modalities, breathing techniques, practicing gratitude, positive thinking, and empowering speech. We will learn ways to deal with challenging situations and people, and the important role of healthy eating and proper personal care. We will practice a short meditation technique at the end of the presentation. (1 hour class)
- Caregiver Appreciation Events – Let us help you organize a pampering event for your clients or employees that can include yoga, Tai Chi and meditation classes, as well as massages and Reiki treatments. We also include a shorter version of our “Stress Relief for Caregivers” program. (Time and cost varies, please contact us for options)
- Feng Shui for a Healthy Office – Learn guidelines for creating healthy energy, balance and harmony in your office, care community and home using this ancient Chinese technique. This interactive slideshow teaches how the placement of furniture and accessories can enhance the energy in each room, which has a positive effect on both the space and its’ inhabitants. We will learn how color, shape, and material have an effect on positive energy. And we will also discuss the difference between “yin” and “yang” features, and how to balance them to create a pleasing harmony. (1 hour class) Please provide a computer, tv or projector for the slideshow
- Home Analysis – Our Architect analyzes the layout of your client’s or loved one’s home and provides suggestions to help them live there more more easily, safely and independently. This can help reduce some burdens on the caregiver. The analysis includes things like making the bathtub easier to get into, installing door hardware that is easier to grasp, and special accommodations for those who are using a walker or wheelchair. We can also design ramps and stairs for pets who are having difficulty climbing and jumping. We will suggest options that help their current condition, as well as things they can implement in the future, should their needs progress. (Time and cost varies, please contact us for options)
- Empowering Our Seniors – We will discuss ways that we can improve the lives of our seniors, whether they live at home or in a group living community. We will learn how to empower our seniors through education, kindness and respect, providing choice, and creating a sense of purpose. We will also discuss case studies in which these methods have revitalized the lives of local seniors, giving them a new-found optimism and a renewed interest in life. For professional or family caregivers. (1 hour class)
- Empowering Individuals with Disabilities – We will discuss ways that we can help improve the lives of individuals with disabilities, wherever they live, work or play. We will learn how to empower individuals through education, kindness and respect, and providing choice. We will learn how to help them create their own goals and sense of purpose through self-determination activities. We will also discuss case studies in which these methods have revitalized the lives of local individuals with disabilities. For professional or family caregivers. (1 hour class)
- The Yoga Craze – How and Why Adapted Yoga Works
- Aromatherapy for Dementia and Behaviors
- Making Lemonade from Lemons – Methods for Reducing Senior Stress
- The Power of Intention – Helping Our Seniors Find Meaning Again
- Gratitude Journaling for Happiness and Optimism
- Meditation Made Easy – How to Ease Stress and Worry