Reiki is an ancient technique for relaxation and stress reduction, which has also been shown to promote healing. It is a recognized form of natural health care that uses a healing energy flow to restore and maintain physical, mental, and emotional balance. Reiki helps to ease symptoms of illness and injury, increase energy, and provide clearer thought. People of all ages benefit from Reiki, as do animals and plants.
Reiki is gentle and non-invasive. No muscle or skin manipulation is involved, so it can be tolerated by people with pain or skin sensitivities, and those who are unable to tolerate massage. Reiki is being used by many area hospitals to reduce patient stress prior to surgery, and to shorten recovery time afterward. It is also used in hospice care to comfort those with terminal illness.
- New!!! Reiki for Animals – Learn how Reiki healing therapy can benefit animals as well as people. Learn about the “energy centers” that all animals have, and what can happen to the animal when these get out of balance. Learn exactly how a Reiki practitioner works with an animal, and hear some interesting stories about animal healing with Reiki.
- Reiki Class – An informational one-hour class designed to teach your group about what Reiki is and how it can help them. Employees are also invited to attend. This is a good “first step” for those who are not yet familiar with Reiki, and they can then decide if they would like to receive a therapy treatment or an attunement.
- Reiki Treatment – Therapy sessions are conducted in the client’s room, or in another quiet room in your building. We provide a comfortable padded table and relaxing music. If getting on the table is too difficult, sessions may be conducted on a bed or in a chair or wheelchair. Clients will receive benefit from a single Reiki session. However ongoing health issues and recent injuries usually benefit most from more than one session. The client may choose either a 30-minute or 60-minute session. We are able to schedule several sessions per day, based on the needs of your group.
- Reiki Attunement – We will teach the group about Reiki, and the hand positions they can use to give themselves a Reiki treatment whenever needed. We will then “attune” them to the Reiki energy, which will enable them to perform Reiki self-treatments as a complement to their current medical care. This is a two-hour group session, with a maximum of five people per session. We are able to schedule multiple sessions per day, based on the needs of your group. (Note: This is an attunement for self-care, not for treating others. Additional training is needed for treating others.)
- Animal Treatment – Reiki treatments can help pets with with physical and emotional issues, as well as to facilitate stress relief. Animals, fish, and birds can all benefit from Reiki. Sessions last from 30-60 minutes, depending on the pet’s needs that day. The pet will receive benefit from a single Reiki session. However ongoing health issues and recent injuries usually benefit most from more than one session. We are able to schedule several sessions per day, based on the needs of your group.
- Plant Tretament – Houseplants that are sick or stressed can also benefit from Reiki. If you have a plant that needs help, let us know and we will be happy to treat them at no cost while we’re there!
For more information about Reiki, please visit
Loving Hands Yoga and Reiki at www.LovingHandsYoga.com
View other Classes
Visit our Services for Caregivers page