Second only to the clothing we choose, the way we decorate our living spaces expresses our personality – who we are and what we like. Our living spaces also act as showcases for the things that are important to us, the people we love, the places we have traveled, and the treasures we have collected. Our personalities speak through color, texture, pattern, shape, and style. Just as no two people are the same, no two personal spaces are the same. “Personal space” can take on many different forms throughout a lifetime – our childhood bedroom, our college dorm room, our first apartment, our newlywed home, the house where we raised our children, our vacation home, our retirement home. Just as these eras in our lives are greatly different, so too is who we are at the time. Our spaces can, and should, change as we change. They should continue to be a reflection of who we are, and give us a comfortable place to be ourselves.
- Holiday Activity! Holiday Decorating Help – We will help unpack your decorations and put them up for you, creating beautiful artistic arrangements and displays for you and your guests to enjoy. When the holidays are over, we will help organize and pack them away for next year!
- New!!! A Designer’s Life – Learn what is involved in becoming an Interior Designer, what a designer does every day in their job, and all of the things a designer has to know about in order to create beautiful, comfortable interiors. We will also have fun with a hands-on design project. (1 hour class plus materials)
- Interior Spruce-Up – Whether you just need to rearrange one room, or whether you need a whole-house makeover, we can work with you to design whatever improvements you need. We can help you with paint colors, wallpaper, draperies, bedspreads, pillows, rugs, furniture, lighting, mirrors, artwork, photos, and accessories. We can also help you reorganize the things you already have to create pleasing arrangements, and suggest low-cost project ideas. And we can help with de-cluttering and organizing too, so that your house stays looking beautiful!
- Feng Shui Makeover – Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art of decorating that uses placement, color, and materials to achieve balance and harmony. We will analyze each room of your home according to Feng Shui principles and suggest how to rearrange furniture and accessories to enhance positive energy flow through your house, which will in turn create more positive energy and comfort for you.
- Relocation Help – Whether you are downsizing due to a recent empty nest, or relocating to a retirement community or group home, we work with you to plan the layout of your new space. We draw the blueprints of your new home and help you decide what to take with you and how to arrange it. We can also help you rearrange and decorate your existing house to give it a better chance of selling. And we can meet the truck on moving day to direct the unloading effort and make sure everything goes where it’s supposed to. Once you are moved in, we can help you with all of the things listed above under “Interior Spruce-Up”.
- Interior Decorating Class – Learn decorator “tricks of the trade” that you can apply to your own home, no matter how big or small it may be! We will discuss decorating guidelines and tips, how to use color and pattern, low-cost decorating, re-arranging what you already have, do-it-yourself projects, organization and clutter management, and decorator’s secrets and discounts. (2 weeks, 90 minutes per week – 3 hours total)
- Quick Tips For Interior Decorating – A shorter, condensed version of the above class, and without organization and clutter management tips. (1 hour) This can also be done as a 15 minute slideshow with a 45 minute interior decorating collage project.
- “Balance and Harmony Through Feng Shui” Class – Learn how to createbalance and harmony in your home, apartment or office using this ancient decorating technique. The placement of furniture and accessories can enhance the positive energy in each room, making your whole space just “feel” better. We will learn how color, shape, and material has an effect on positive energy. And we will also discuss the difference between “yin” and “yang” features, and how to balance them to create a pleasing harmony. (2 weeks, 90 minutes per week – 3 hours total)
- Introduction to Feng Shui – A shorter, condensed version of the above class, consisting of an overview of Feng Shui principles. (1 hour)
View other Classes
Visit our Services for Caregivers page