Serves 4 / Prep Time: 35 min / Source: Real Simple
*You can also use peaches or plumcots
1/2 c honey
1 small lemon
4 apricots or plumcots, or 2 peaches
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Cut fruit into bite-sized pieces, leaving skin on. Discard pits, and place in a medium bowl.
- Peel 2 strips of zest from lemon (avoid white pith).
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, honey, and lemon zest to a boil. If fruit is not yet ripe (still firm) boil in honey mixture until soft. Otherwise, pour honey mixture over fruit. Refrigerate until cool (approximately 45 minutes. Discard lemon zest after cooling.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in an ungreased Teflon frying pan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until browned.
- Divide fruit and ice cream between 4 bowls. Sprinkle coconut on top and drizzle with remaining honey syrup.