Students will learn the art of hand sewing to create usable objects and fabric art pieces.
- Penny Rugs – In colonial times rugs were used to cover furniture instead of floors. Fabric circles (“pennies”) cut into graduating sizes are either glued or sewn onto a felt background to create a colorful, decorative piece of art. Buttons are also used for embellishment.
- Glue method – 1 hour class plus $3 per person for materials
- Sewing method – $3 per person for materials. 2 hour class, please contact us for pricing.
- Bird on a Branch – Tropical birds are fun to reproduce in brightly colored fabric. Fabric crayons are used to highlight the decorative birds. A small wall hanging is created using fusible webbing. (1 hour class plus $3 per person for materials)
- Easy Needlepoint – Create a small needlepoint sampler of 4 different stitches using colorful yarns (1 hour class plus $2 per person for materials)
- Drawstring Bags – Hand sew a functional pouch with a drawstring closure that can be used to hold jewelry or other special items you cherish (1 hour class plus $3 per person for materials)
- Hand Sewn Sachet – With decorative fabric and some hand stitching a small sachet pillow is made. A hint of scented oil is placed inside. (1 hour class plus $2.50 per person for materials)
- “No Sew” Sachet – Same as above but using iron-on fusible adhesive. (1 hour class plus $2.50 per person for materials)
- Quilt Wall Hanging – A great project for individuals or groups. Several quilt squares are created, then we sew it together to create a lovely wall hanging ($10 per person for materials. Three 1 hour classes plus $5 per person for materials, please contact us for pricing)
- Name Banners – Fabric letters are attached to a fabric background either by hand stitching or using a fusible adhesive. It can then be embellished with beads, ribbons, and other decorative items to create a personalized wall hanging. ($4 per person for materials. 1 to 3 one hour classes, depending on size of the banner. Please contact us for pricing)
View Our Other Classes
Click on the categories below for a full program list