Reiki is an ancient technique for relaxation and stress reduction, which has also been shown to promote healing. It is a recognized form of natural health care that uses a healing energy flow to restore and maintain physical, mental, and emotional balance. Reiki helps to ease symptoms of illness and injury, increase energy, and provide clearer thought. People of all ages benefit from Reiki, as do animals and plants.
Reiki is gentle and non-invasive. No muscle or skin manipulation is involved, so it can be tolerated by people with pain or skin sensitivities, and those who are unable to tolerate massage. Reiki is being used by many area hospitals to reduce patient stress prior to surgery, and to shorten recovery time afterward. It is also used in hospice care to comfort those with terminal illness.
- New!!! Reiki for Animals – Learn how Reiki healing therapy can benefit animals as well as people. Learn about the “energy centers” that all animals have, and what can happen to the animal when these get out of balance. Learn exactly how a Reiki practitioner works with an animal, and hear some interesting stories about animal healing with Reiki.
- Reiki Treatment – Therapy sessions and are conducted in your home, in a quiet room. We provide a comfortable padded table and relaxing music. If getting on the table is too difficult for you, sessions may be conducted on a bed or in a chair. You will receive benefit from a single Reiki session. However ongoing health issues and recent injuries usually benefit most from more than one session. You may choose either a 30-minute or 60-minute session.
- Reiki Attunement – We will teach you about Reiki, and the hand positions you can use to give yourself a Reiki treatment whenever needed. We will then “attune” you to the Reiki energy, which will enable you to perform Reiki self-treatments as a complement to your current medical care. This is a two-hour session. (Note: This is an attunement for self-care, not for treating others. Additional training is needed for treating others.)
- Animal Treatment – Reiki treatments can help your pet with with physical and emotional issues, as well as to facilitate stress relief. Animals, fish, and birds can all benefit from Reiki. The sessions are conducted in your home, where the animal feels most comfortable and safe. Sessions last from 30-60 minutes, depending on your pet’s needs that day. Your pet will receive benefit from a single Reiki session. However ongoing health issues and recent injuries usually benefit most from more than one session.
- Plant Treatment – Houseplants that are sick or stressed can also benefit from Reiki. If you have a plant that needs help, let us know and we will be happy to treat them at no cost while we’re there!
For more information about Reiki, please visit
Loving Hands Yoga and Reiki at www.LovingHandsYoga.com
View other Classes
Visit our Services for Caregivers page