We all have stories to tell, just by virtue of just being alive. Every day we have experiences, both large and small, that make us who we are. They test our resolve, they make us see differently, they renew our hope, they make us believe in ourselves and others. These experiences, when accumulated over a lifetime, combine to make each of us into unique individuals with a wealth of valuable lessons and experiences to relay to others. Our professionals can help you record your unique life story, on paper and on video. Computer typing experience is not necessary.
- “Pieces of My Life” – Participants bring various heirlooms, artifacts and memorabilia to the group that are important to them, and explain the stories and significance of each item. This opens the door to conversation, and offers opportunities for the participants to learn new things and get to know each other better. (1 hour class)
- Getting Started With Legacy Writing – Learn how to get started compiling a memoir, ethical will or family tree. Students will learn how to gather information, conduct research, organize information and get it down on paper. They will also learn various publishing and presentation options. Documenting family photos and possessions will also be discussed. (1 hour class)
Watch our Video about Legacy Writing
- Researching Your Family Tree – Learn how to research and document the various branches of your family tree. Students will learn about the different agencies and websites available for research, and how to organize the information they uncover. We also discuss how to incorporate stories, photos, and documents to help tell the story. And we teach options for publishing a family trees once the research is finished. (1 hour class) Please provide internet access
- Autobiography/Family History/Memoir Class – Many people think about writing a legacy but need help getting going. This class helps you begin writing about the life experiences that you wish to pass on to future generations. It can take the form of your entire life story (an Autobiography), life stories of your family members (a Family History), or selected important personal events you may wish to write about (a Memoir). We help you with writing and organizing, and teach you guidelines for editing and publishing. (4 or 8 week class, 2 hours per week. The 4-week class helps you organize your thoughts and start writing. The 8-week class helps you get about halfway through your writing.) Please contact us for pricing
- Writing Your Ethical Will – Who are you, and why? This workshop will help you explore, define and write down the ethics, values and beliefs that have shaped the person you are, and that act as a compass for your daily thoughts and actions. Through analyzing the lessons you have learned, the things you have accomplished, and the plans you have for your future, we will define and record what “makes you tick”. This is an insightful tool for defining and strengthening the things that are important to you. Your Personal Ethics journal can be kept private, or it can be used as a topic of meaningful discussion with the important people in your life. This class will help you define your thoughts, organize your writing, and will provide guidelines for editing and publishing. Contrary to the name, this is not actually a legal document. (4 or 8 week class, 2 hours per week. The 4-week class helps you organize your thoughts and start writing. The 8-week class helps you get about halfway through your writing.) Please contact us for pricing
- Photo/Possession Documentation – We work with people individually to help them organize their photographs into albums and document the names, dates, and places for each one so that families know who everyone is and where the pictures were taken. We can do the same with important personal possessions, documenting the stories about where they came from, and why they are an important. This information is a very valuable gift to hand down to future generations. Time and cost varies, please contact us for options