The world around us is filled with interesting people, places and things. Likewise, each of us has interesting experiences and knowledge that is helpful to others when shared. Writing allows us to capture this information and share it with others in informative, inspiring ways.
- Poetry Writing Made Easy – Small groups will work together to create a beautiful poem of their own. Choose from either Haiku, Cinquain, Diamante or “I Am” poetry styles. We make it easy, no poetry writing experience is necessary! (1 hour class. Staff assistance is needed for groups larger than 4 people.)
- Journalistic Writing – We teach your group how to decide on subjects of interest, identify information sources, compile interview questions, conduct an interview and take notes, verify their information, and write a journalistic article. They will learn about research articles and interview articles, how to write and edit, and proper grammar and structure. They can then submit their articles to newspapers and magazines for publication. (1 hour class)
- Cooperative Writing – Your group will work together to create a writing piece that expresses their opinion about a certain subject. Subjects can include things like “How to Raise a Good Child”, “What I Learned From My Mother”, or “Secrets to a Happy Life.” Each participant will be interviewed and recorded, and the interviews will then be typed. (Time and cost varies, please contact us for options)
- Creative Visualization: “If I Were President” – A discussion group concerning various social, economic and political issues; and how we would handle these issues if we were in charge. (1 hour class)
- Storymaking – Using interesting photographs as inspiration, we will write creative stories that draw on our present-moment imagination, as well as any life experiences that we would like to add. A fun and unusual group activity. (1 hour class)
View Our Other Classes
Click on the categories below for a full program list