There is nothing that takes away worries like burying your nose in a bouquet of flowers. As we breathe in the aroma, it awakens our deep and primal connection with the earth. It comforts us, and brings us into the present moment. The mere act of digging in the dirt and making a physical connection with the earth also makes gardening one of the most basic and primitive of all activities. Gardens are also living masterpieces, changing over time, and continually engaging our interest. And the fact that gardens depend on our attention and care in order to thrive, gives us a feeling of importance, and gives us wonderful surprises to look forward to.
- Container Gardening – An interactive slideshow with a hands-on planting activity. Learn how to create beautiful, versatile container gardens either indoors or out. Students will learn about preparation and placement of containers, so
il, watering, sunlight, fertilizing, and starting from seed. We will also teach the principles of aesthetically-pleasing container garden design. A planting activity completes the fun! (1 hour class plus materials fee. Planting activities vary, please contact us for options) Please provide a computer, tv or projector for the slideshow
- Garden Structures – An interactive slideshow with a hands-on building activity. Learn about the design of garden gazebos, pergolas, trellises, arbors, fences, and benches. We will also study how garden pergolas are built, and we’ll build a miniature model of a pergola for you to keep. (1 hour class plus $4 per person for materials) Please provide a computer, tv or projector for the slideshow
- Birdhouse Design – An interactive slideshow with a hands-on project. Learn about the different birds in our area, and what they look for when choosing a home to nest. Students will learn how bird houses are designed and built, and we will also see examples of beautiful, creative, and whimsical birdhouse designs. Please provide a computer, tv or projector for the slideshow. We have a choice of two hands-on projects:
- Full-Size Birdhouse – We’ll build a birdhouse for you to place outdoors and enjoy watching the birds nest in it (1 hour class plus $20 for materials)
- Mini Birdhouses – Each student will paint and decorate their own miniature birdhouse (1 hour class plus $4 per person for materials)
- Birdhouse Decorating -Each individual will receive a premade birdhouse, paint, brush and decorate as they desire.
- Wild flower Planting – Each individual will receive a pot, seeds, soil and paint/paintbrush or markers to decorate pot. They will plant seeds in pot.
View Our Other Classes
Click on the categories below for a full program list